Your BASA Membership
Your BASA Membership ensures that you have easy access to the important legislative, administrative and related information that falls within the scope of Biokinetics.
- All the information that you need to operate your practice on a professional level is made available to you by BASA on this website.
- BASA promotes Biokinetics as a profession on your behalf by negotiating with the larger medical aids like Discovery, Medscheme and Bestmed, Momentum, etc.
- BASA is fully aware of the financial challenges that our practitioners face. To this end BASA has made it a priority to negotiate beneficial partnerships and special promotional agreements with a range of appropriate suppliers, Allegra, Recomed, Profnet, Momentum Multiply, Vitality.
- Our primary aim is not only to save our BASA members money via the special discounted deals but also to provide value-added benefits to the BASA Membership as a whole, eg. Comprehensive malpractice insurance, practice management software integration and an online CPD Learning Centre.
See below for the many benefits and opportunities that are part of your BASA membership
- You will be able to access and download the documentation via the Members’ only website.
- This includes ICD10 Introductory Presentation, ICD10 Coding spreadsheet, Coding Standards, HPCSA documents, etc.
- Read all the information and download codes here.
- You will receive free association with a BASA regional group of your choice. See your Membership Profile.
- Regional road shows are held bi-annually with reduced fees for the ICD10 Codes and Tariff workshop.
- Other regular CPD activities are arranged by the regions and you will receive reduced fees on courses or workshops.
See the latest classified adverts placed by our members. This is a free service that we offer. We have Job listings and Goods for Sale categories with more to come. View the special promotions and other offers exclusive to BASA Members.
- Include your practice details on the official BASA “Find a Biokineticist” database and public BASA website.
- Read informative and interesting articles on the BASA Blog – categories include research, industry-related, BASA newsletters, insurance news and many more.
- Find links to Journals and medical websites for your research and reading.
- The Events Calendar will keep you up-to-date with all BASA events taking place at the regions as well as upcoming courses countrywide.
- Access all the professional advice and links such as HPCSA Regulations and Guidelines or Professional Conduct and Ethics matters.
- Get all of your Biokinetics questions answered in our FAQ sections.
- Read advice for Internships and training as well as practice accreditations.
Your Schedule … Your Place … Your Pace …
The Online Learning Centre is the hub for online courses and the booking of Regional live events and workshops!Click here to go to the Learning Centre website
LTMIC provides exposure to international & local keynote & workshop speakers.
BASA members are provided with a platform to present workshops and research papers. Members have an excellent opportunity to earn valuable CPD points at a lower cost.Go to the LTMIC website here ...
- BASA has negotiated a Group Insurance Policy at reduced tariffs, which covers our paid-up members who wish to take out the cover through BASA for their medical malpractice and professional indemnity.
- We have also arranged extensions of cover for our qualified Biokineticists’ which include cover for your public and products’ liability exposures. This has become increasingly important with the coming into effect of the Consumer Protection Act.
- Interns are able to access this insurance at reduced rates and would be covered under the medical malpractice and professional indemnity sections of the policy if they elect to take up the cover offer through BASA.
- See all the details about Malpractice Insurance Cover here.
- BASA works closely with Medical Aid companies to ensure that you have the opportunity to join preferred provider networks, e.g. Discovery, Medscheme and Bestmed.
- Additional ground work with other Medical Aids is being done ahead of other professions for preferred provider status.
- Read more details here.
Our biennial BASA Roadshow will take place during 2017! The BASA Roadshow is another way in which BASA provides value for members.
The Roadshow is hosted by each region individually and the content and speakers are provided by BASA. It features an approved CPD Accredited workshop that is applicable to your profession, your needs and interests. Often included in the workshop is an ethical component, so you can grab those ethics points. The Roadshow is a great opportunity not only to learn and get CPD points but to network with fellow bios and to connect with some of the BASA Board members.
The members are what make these Roadshows successful so consider supporting by attending the BASA Roadshow when it comes to your area. Watch this space for when we roll through your region!
Grow your Practice with exclusive Provider Networks
BASA has made it a priority to negotiate beneficial partnerships with a range of appropriate Medical Aids – ahead of other professions for preferred provider status. Watch this list as we launch new Provider partnerships in the near future.