Frequently asked questions and facts about BASA Membership and Registration
- Please DO NOT PAY THE the BASA fees and / or the Malpractice Insurance fees to BASA UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN REGISTERED AND HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED A BASA USERNAME AND PASSWORD. (Please note that this is NOT the same as the HPCSA Registration number).
- If you have EVER been registered with BASA, then we still have your old details on record. It is not necessary to re-register. If you do not know your USERNAME and PASSWORD then you can request that your details to be sent to your email address that we have on record for you: Request your Lost Username of Password here.
- All Fees (BASA fees and / or the Malpractice Insurance fees) must be paid directly into the BASA bank account AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED A BASA USERNAME AND PASWORD. (Please note that this is NOT the same as the HPCSA Registration number). Please note that no Cheques or Cash are accepted. Our fees for the year (BASA and Malpractice Insurance) and banking details are available on the Membership Management System when you login.
- If you do not have an UNIQUE email address – you can never be registered in the BASA system. You can get a free E-mail address from www.gmail.com.
- Every email address in the Online Membership System must be unique – you cannot share an E-mail address with another member.(Create a free E-Mail address from www.gmail.com.)
- If you forget your UserName or Password you can request that they be re-sent to you – We will send you and email to your email address that we have on record for you: Request your Lost Username of Password here.
- Once you are a registered member of BASA you can use your same UserName and Password to access BOTH our Website and / or Online Membership System.
- Renewal of Membership Registration is due on or before the 1st January of each year.
- Renewal of Registration cut-off date is at the end February of each year.
- The service that is offered by BASA for helping a member register with HPCSA has nothing to do with the Basa Online Membership System – it is an entirely separate, manual process. Refer to the BASA Website for more information.
Here are the links to our Online Membership system:
- New Member Registration – Use this if you want to register for the very FIRST time with BASA.
- Update your Membership Details – Use this if you are an EXISTING member and want to update your personal information and other practice details that we have on record for you. Please visit this page regularly and make any changes to keep our records up-to-date. This is also the section for adding the details about your practice(s).
- Renew your BASA Annual Membership – Use this once a year when you want to RENEW your EXISTING BASA Membership or change your member type from Student to Intern, Intern to Biokineticist.