Life Through Movement
Biokinetics is defined as the science of movement and the application of exercise
in rehabilitative treatment or performance.
Biokinetics is the primary health care profession concerned with:
Maintenance and enhancement of physical abilities and performance
This healthcare is achieved by means of scientifically-based preventative and therapeutic exercises and related modalities.
Focus of the Month: Exercising Your Way to Lower Blood Pressure
Hypertension, defined as a chronically elevated blood pressure greater than 140/90 mmHg, affects nearly 75 million Americans. If left untreated, hypertension can dramatically increase your risk for heart attacks, strokes and peripheral arterial disease.
Exercise not only improves the workings of the cardiovascular system, but can lower blood pressure as well. The key to maximizing the benefits of exercise is to follow a well-designed program that you can stick to over the long-term.
The Benefits of BASA Membership
The Biokinetics Association performs many tasks on behalf of its members, e.g.
- Submit and handle all HPCSA registrations and enquiries for BASA members (Students, Interns and First time Bio registrations)
- Negotiate reduced tariffs for Malpractice Insurance and specialised wording applicable for health professionals.
- Facilitates, tracks and handles queries related to practice accreditations.
- Members receive reduced rates on course or workshop accreditations done through BASA.
- LTMIC is going to be held every 2 years. There is a great opportunity to get many CPD points for a low cost for members.
… and a dozen other services. Read more here!