Life Through Movement
Biokinetics is defined as the science of movement and the application of exercise in rehabilitative treatment or performance.
Biokinetics is the primary health care profession concerned with:
This healthcare is achieved by means of scientifically-based preventative and therapeutic exercises and related modalities.
Focus of the Month: Diabetes
Exercise protects the heart when diabetes threatens.
Lower resting heart rate may mean lower risk of diabetes. Excerpt from Harvard Health Letter. People with diabetes are two to four times more likely to have a heart attack or stroke than those without diabetes, and cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death and disability among people with diabetes. But there is a positive side to this predicament: any healthy change you make to address one condition will help the other.Exercise is the best example. Being active and fit reduces your chance of developing type 2 diabetes in the first place, and it significantly lowers your risk of developing cardiovascular complications if you already have diabetes. Read More here …
The Benefits of BASA Membership
The Biokinetics Association performs many tasks on behalf of its members, e.g.
- Submit and handle all HPCSA registrations and enquiries for BASA members (Students, Interns and First time Bio registrations)
- Negotiate reduced tariffs for Malpractice Insurance and specialised wording applicable for health professionals.
- Facilitates, tracks and handles queries related to practice accreditations.
- Members receive reduced rates on course or workshop accreditations done through BASA.
- LTMIC is going to be held every 2 years. There is a great opportunity to get many CPD points for a low cost for members.
… and a dozen other services. Read more here!