Life Through Movement
Biokinetics is defined as the science of movement and the application of exercise
in rehabilitative treatment or performance.
Biokinetics is the primary health care profession concerned with:
Maintenance and enhancement of physical abilities and performance
This healthcare is achieved by means of scientifically-based preventative and therapeutic exercises and related modalities.
Focus of the Month: Traumatic Brain Injury
This article has some good news and some bad news. The good news is that there is no limit to the extent to which individuals who have sustained head injuries can be rehabilitated. The bad news is that the extent depends on you.
The Benefits of BASA Membership
The Biokinetics Association performs many tasks on behalf of its members, e.g.
- Submit and handle all HPCSA registrations and enquiries for BASA members (Students, Interns and First time Bio registrations)
- Negotiate reduced tariffs for Malpractice Insurance and specialised wording applicable for health professionals.
- Facilitates, tracks and handles queries related to practice accreditations.
- Members receive reduced rates on course or workshop accreditations done through BASA.
- LTMIC is going to be held every 2 years. There is a great opportunity to get many CPD points for a low cost for members.
… and a dozen other services. Read more here!